Responsible for the general accounting functions related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assist with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the Accounting Manager and Comptroller in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- knowledge of finance principles
- knowledge of financial reporting
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
- technical accounting skills
- previous experience of general accounting
- proficiency in relevant accounting software
- attention to detail and accuracy
- planning and organizing
- scheduling and monitoring
- communication skills
- problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- team work
Government Contracts & Bid Specialist
The Contracts and Bid Specialist is responsible for reviewing customer requests for proposals (RFPs) and related documents. This includes preparing the RFP response and negotiation of the terms and conditions addendum, and obtaining necessary approval and documenting same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track new Government solicitations
- Track status of all one-off bids and responses and follow-up with Sales Team regarding bid awards and responses from customer
- Responsible for all procurement actions for Pre-Award, Award and Post-Award, including but not limited to: Procurement planning; Source Selection; Large Contracts; Contracting by Negotiation; Cost and Price Analysis; Contract Administration; Terminations and Claims; Simplified Acquisition and Micro Purchase.
- Assists in the development, formulation and implementation of procurement plans, policies, procedures and standards.
- Keeps abreast of legal and regulatory changes.
- Assist with preparation of correspondence to suppliers, vendors, industry associations, legal representatives, Members of Congress and other governmental agencies.
- Resolves problems in procurement, solicitations, contract formats, schedules, negotiations, awards, modifications and amendments.
- Monitors corrective actions required to improve contract effectiveness and to assure compliance with directed requirements.
- Meets with industry representatives, individually or collectively, regarding systemwide/regional procurements.
- Discusses and evaluates industry input and proposes contract requirements.
- Develops evaluation factors and criteria for best value procurements.
- Plans negotiation strategies and coordinates/conducts negotiations with vendor representatives.
- Performs post-award contract administration, assists with Contract Administration Plans, insures contract requirements are met.
- Cancels, negotiates changes and terminates contract, as applicable.
- Review item description and proper contract schedule to insure maximum competition and regulatory compliance.
- Proposes actions to improve procurement process and accomplish a more rapid, economical, effective procurement response.
- Participates in development of comprehensive presentations, slides, background material, briefing paper, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or Associates degree and 4 years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exhibits the ability to interact effectively with various types of people
- Proficient at PC office software such as excel, word, PowerPoint etc.
- Detail oriented, commitment to deliver the results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on tight timelines
- Good English capability in both spoken and written
- Prior business experience in a similar role in a corporation.
- Experience pharmaceutical industry preferred, but not required
- Experience with RFP response preparation
- Experience with City, County, and/or State registrations
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment.
AS400 EDI Developer
This position performs a variety of tasks for AS400, EDI, and network administration. Works closely with the IT Manager in all systems related changes/upgrades to ensure proper functions of all computer systems throughout the company
- Programs and analyzes complex projects.
- Maintains current IT methodology and technical standards.
- Provides input and makes suggestions for computer systems related integration(s) and changes.
- Participates in all IT departmental meetings and provides training when applicable as as
- signed by IT Manager.
- Provides accurate documentation related to computer system integration and changes.Design, Development, Implementation, Migration, Maintenance and Production support. EDI maps for 810(Invoice out bound), 820 PaymentOrder/Remittance Advice, (Outbound) 830, 832 Catalog Prices, 845 Bid Award/Change Notice, 850(Purchase Order), 855(P.O Acknowledgement), 856(Advance Ship Notice), 997-Functional Acknowledgment (both inbound and outbound) transactions in EDI Performs other duties as assigned by IT Manager.
- 3+ years working with TrustedLink – Inovis
- 3+ years experience in analysis and design and programming of full life cycle application development. Must have experience in Financials, Distribution, Inventory, Order Entry/Distribution & Warehouse, A/R, A/P, G/L Experience in AS400 Administration, EDI: Trusted Link (Visual Mapper), EDI/iDocs, AS1, AS2, AS3.
- Client/Server: SQL scripting & Stored Procedures, XML.
- Hardware/Software: IBM AS/400, OS/400, RPG-III, RPG-IV, ILE/RPG, IBM CL, J.D.
- Language, SQL, RPG III, RPG/ILE
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and function effectively, working both independently and as a team player.
Outside Sales RepresentativeResponsibilities: Grow business by reaching new customers, increase sales from existing customers, marketing, develop new business strategies, and create presentations. High achiever who thrives in a competitive environment. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. High level of integrity and accountability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Territory is in the State of Illinois, and primarily the Chicagoland area.
Customer RelationsProfessional, detail oriented, quick learner who is able work in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include assisting customers, processing orders, answering phones, product research, correspondence and various other duties. Must be computer literate. Previous AS400 and/or pharmacy tech experience helpful. Full-time position.Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Remains calm under pressure
- Ability to take directions from supervisor
- Ability to listen to directions
- Comfortable with new computer programs and ability to learn them